Merit Scholarship Program
Implementation Strategy: The project methodology has been developed based on the existing strengths of Shoily Foundation Scholarship Scheme in the area. Shoily Foundation has performed the following specific core activities under the project:
Selection process of the applicants: The process of prospective students is done through paid Inquiry Officer and the Coordinators. The on-ground economic condition of the applicant is verified and recorded on the prescribed format. During verification the Inquiry Officer interviews some of the reliable persons of that locality to inquire the actual position of the applicant.
Disbursement of the Scholarship: The scholarship amount is disbursed to all the selected students quarterly through their bank accounts or through money order.
Role of Shoily Foundation Scholarship Scheme
Shoily Foundation Scholarship Scheme’s role includes but is not limited to the following:
- The students have been selected on the basis of their merit in the board examination conducted under the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- Out of the meritorious student, poor students have got priority for scholarship and equal quota to be ensured for the male & female students.
- Identification of talented deserving students by verification/inquiry;
- Not discriminated among any student or area on the basis of gender, race, creed,
- religion or any reason;
- Arranged incurred exceeded amount from the allocated grant on the project by its own;
- Oversee all the matters regarding implementation;
- Disbursed of scholarships to respective students;
- Provided the implementation report after the successful completion of the project with the expense report;
There is a proper Shoily Foundation monitoring and evaluation mechanism for the program. The board of directors monitored each and every activity of the project at different levels. The board has different committees to monitor the project activities; the detail of these committees is given bellow:
- Finance Committee
- Human Resources Committee
Approval and Implementation Committee These committees arranged different meetings in order to ensure the proper implementation of the project activities according to the plan. Finance committee ensures monthly audit of the income and expenditures at the end of each month.
Quarterly Review Meeting
At the same time Shoily Foundation arranged quarterly review meeting after three months to review the progress and implementation of the project. All the board members and Program Manager participates in this meeting. The Program Manager presented the progress of the project. Heads of the respective committees shared their views in this meeting about the implementation and progress of the project. In this meeting the board also reviewed the budget and its utilization according to implementation plan and financial policy of the Shoily Foundation. The Program Manager shared the plan of upcoming activities and projected requirement of the resources for the planned activities. The Board reviewed the upcoming activities and after consultation finalized the activities and projected resources.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Shoily Foundation responsible to submit detailed profile of the needy students to be supported through this project to
- IRC’s contribution has been highlighted in all implementation/performance reports;
- A final report encompassing overall performance of the project submitted after the completion of the project
- H&K is responsible to submit an academic progress reports
The scholarship provided mainly among the meritorious young students of Grade 8, 9 & 10. The students must have adhered to the terms of conditions of HAK to get the scholarships on continuous basis. They have to pass the moral knowledge test bi-monthly conducted by Shoily Foundation management.